06 December 2011

When God comes down.

I watched the movie the passion of the Christ yet again. Given, I have seen it many times before but this time I watched it for detail. I was convinced that there was something to learn in the way Jesus gave his life painfully for me. I watched the way he was popular while he performed miracles.  A crowd puller too.


It is amazing how one has a following when they have something to offer. Doesn't matter how one acquired it but the fact that there is something to offer  is a guarantee of a following. But watch for that same crowd when the going gets tough!


I noted that the crowd started thinning when he was in tribulation. He was left with his disciples and family. But even in the garden when he went to pray, his disciples slept! Later Peter denied him three times. But all along his journey to the cross his mother trailed him. She actually felt his pain at different levels of persecution. Ooh the calling of motherhood!


What actually stood out is that after all the mocking Jesus went through, after all the pain and distress, God showed up after all. And that is what stood out for me. Made me think that while all that was going on it seemed to those watching that all was lost. If God was his father then why didn't he save him from the pain? His mother was agonising all the way. Why would God let his own son go through so much pain for whatever cause? Few people believed he was was the son of God then.


It made me appreciate those who stand with me when things get rough. Could be emotionally or else, but I have seen God bring people in my live who are just right to help me deal the particular situation. Without whom it would be unbearable. And they come equipped really well for their purpose too. Sometimes when all is calm they stay on. But sometimes when their purpose is fulfilled they move on. Perhaps to yet another mission.


But the most amazing thing happens when God steps in a situation. Not to say that he was not there all along. When God comes down all changes for the better. It might have been a hopeless situation but he turns it around. He does it in such a drastic way that anyone watching is left with no doubt that he has done it. All testify that no one else could have done it but God! What wonder to behold the hand of God in someones life. Even better to experience it! It leaves one with no doubt that God is at work.


I have witnessed situations in my life and of people around me that leave no doubt that God does come  down to rescue and save. That God is in the business of reaching out to his people. Often times such are people who have not lost the faith. Those that keep hoping and trusting in him. I have found it very useful for me to claim God's promises in my life. For God is a promise keeper too.


And so when Jesus accomplished his mission on the cross, an immense  manifestation of God was seen. Darkness spread all over the land. The earth shook too. It was God's way of affirming that he was in control. That with the mission accomplished, was his time to come down. Times it appears like it is too late in our lives for God to do anything. But yet if he wants to accomplish something then we just have to wait on his time. Might be painful, overbearing too. But until his purpose in our lives is done then we just have to bear. And when he does show up we are able to see the meaning of that phase in our lives. It also serves to build our faith and testify to others of the might of God.


Don't give up on God, coz he wont give up on you. Those lyrics of a popular praise song. It is true that no matter what the situation may be, God is in control of it and at the right time he will come down to save and restore. Might seem unbearable but he is still there. Working behind the scenes so that it turns out just right for you. And when all is set he will make it all beautiful in his time. What a wonderful God he is. How comforting to know that he will come down and save me in times of trouble and sorrow.




2 comments:

JCsSheepiator said...

wow ,,, talk about His Timing! I been rejoicing last few dayz cuz God like has delivered me from something i been seeking him for seems like foreverrrr yrs and the torment and tears shed and pain and questions and whys ,,, He answered each for me and i know its not my time but His and i know its not my ways but His and not my understandings but His ,,, i cryn right now cuz your sharing is Him again answering that it is His Timing ,,, and that my time is now and He has purpose and reason and i already see it and them ,,, hated what i had to go thru but am sooo very grateful in many wayz what i have learned from it is exatly what you have shared and i too can share ,,, ty for allowing urself to be used of Him cuz its people aka sheep like me that it has made a big difference for and too ,,, thank ewe Gods bless singsssss amen JCs aka JCsSheepiator

Milli said...

Good to know that you got confirmation. Trust in the Lord always and lean not on your understanding. (((((sheep)))).