01 November 2011

When all is said and done.

We all need someone or something to fall back on. This keeps us going and makes our lives bearable. We have a free will to decide what it is that we fall back on. Some people settle for the security of their wealth and jobs. Others go for family and friends. Yet others know that despite all that they are or may have, they need God to see them through this life. A wise choice, I might add.


It is amazing how much is achieved when one knows that they have backup. It is said that behind every great man is a woman. Not surprising too how much children who have the support of their families can achieve. It is all about having someone to look up to and back us up. Someone who inspires us and keeps our hopes in life alive.


I remember growing up thinking just how great my father was. I believed that he was the most knowledgeable person alive. That inspired me in so many ways to seek knowledge like him. I was amazed at just how much he knew. He still amazes me to this day. Even in my teens I thought of him as the strongest man around. The confidence in him made me go to lengths I would not have without the inspiration. I learned a great lesson growing up.


We all need someone to go along with us. Life would be meaningless without family and friends who make our days brighter. Even our workmates help bring in the variety of life. How much more those who share our Christian beliefs! The world would be one boring place without the all these people. It is amazing what a difference having company makes in our lives.


Most of us thrive in encouragement. It is the engine of most relationships we have. Someone who sees the positive in us and seeks to bring it out. That person who recognises our potential and seeks to bring it out. And we all need such a person in our lives. A mentor, a lifeline. It helps even more if it is one of a higher standing. This comes with security of knowing that we have one who will step in and take charge.


The life we are living nowadays is one that is so lonely. It is difficult juggling life's demands. In all this we need backup to go on. Someone to bring meaning to the demands and struggles of life. To pick us up when we are weary and worn. One who is strong enough to fight our battles. And stays with us when no one else will. One who understands when others don't. That one person who is ready to lay his life for us.


As Christians we are privileged to have a loving saviour who is also a friend. Satisfying too. We all need someone to really talk to in times of trouble. Even in happy times. One who knows our story well too. Such is the one who can tell our story well because they help us weave it too. And knows what is good for us even better than we do. Such a privilege to lay my life in the hands of a loving God. And surrender my all to him who is all knowing to mold me.


2 comments:

Tanya said...

This is absolutely beautiful... Touching to my soul...
Did you ever finish reading The Rent Tent? Blessings, sister.

Milli said...

Thanks for asking Tanya. That's not the kind of book one can rush through. I hope to finish it soon though. Nice of you to pass by.